Pages

12.16.2011

Trip to Montreal for my 30th!!

Back on 11/12/11 I turned the big three-o!  Sean and I decided back in August that it would be a lot of fun to go somewhere different.  We landed on the idea of Montreal.  Boy was it COLD...but we couldn't have picked a more perfect place to go.  It is an amazing city.  We want to make a trip back during the Spring or Summer months.

We were lucky to have some special family and friends join us on our little getaway!  My brother Shawn and his wife Anastasia.  This was a big deal for them to go away!  They have a 10 month old and this was their first trip away from the buddy!  Also, Dean and Karime.  They are friends of Sean's who live in Hamilton, Canada.  And lastly...Alex and Tam.  They are a couple Sean and I met a few years ago when traveling to Turks and Caicos.  They gave us their email and told us if we ever come to Montreal to give them a shout!  We did and we had a great time seeing them again :)  It isn't always easy finding people you travel "well" with.  I think we validated we are all good travel partners on this trip!

Here are some of the photos from our trip!  

Waiting on our shuttle in long term parking at DFW

Cheers to our first night in Montreal!


Trying to understand french!

Poutine!  (french fries, cheese, and gravy)

It was SOOOO cold!

Check out that 'feels like' temp!

Warming up with cafe au lait

Old Montreal 
Nothing like Bailey's in the hotel room after closing a Real Estate deal!  YAY Hubs!

My new favorite.  A Bloody Ceasar (like a bloody mary w/ clam juice --not it doesn't taste fishy or like clams!)

Friends Dean and Karime who met us in Montreal. 

Mustard!!!  and a LOT of it!

Night cap :)

China Town

Eggs Benedict.  My favorite!

Brother Shawn and Anastasia eating a delicious treat.

Government building.  Awesome!

Out REALLY celebrating my 30!
Dean, Me, Tam, Sean, Alex, Brother Shawn

My sis-n-law + me + Karime

Little french restaurant

Love this.  Picture doesn't do it justice.

That's right.  Mojitos at 3am.
Tam, Sean, Alex, Me

Eating my 'Happy Pork Chop"

Brother Shawn ready for his duck in a can!

Our hotel!  Place d'Armes

Thanks to everyone who came.  You truly made my 30th birthday :)



No comments: