Pages

1.16.2014

The Reveal!

We found out we are having a boy the week before Christmas!  Sean and I were traveling up to Arkansas to spend Christmas with my family, and his parents were staying here in Texas to be with his brother and Kristi's family.

We knew we wouldn't see them on Christmas, so we made plans the Saturday before we left town for Jack and Sheryl to come over for lunch and our gift exchange.  We made yummy turkey chili and salad.  Graham crackers with Nutella and marshmallow creme for dessert (don't judge - they are sort of amazing!).

When they arrived, I asked Sheryl to come back and see the nursery.  She has seen the room (obviously) but she hadn't seen the dresser in person yet.  So that's what I used as my excuse to lure her back there.  Sean said something humorous to his dad to get him to follow behind.  Jack is who helped us pick the dresser up from the antique store, so he had already seen in.  We walked in the room, then turned around where the dresser was.  She admired the dresser (soon to be changing table) and then reacted to this...it took her a second to see it!


You see, Sheryl has made it very well known that she was hoping for a little girl for us!  Sean's brother Kevin and wife Kristi, already have 2 little boys.  We had to throw some humor in the fact that we knew she was hoping for pink, but in turn...more blue :)  She was thrilled regardless, and so was Jack! Yay for more boys!

After lunch, with our very full bellies, we opened gifts and then enjoyed an afternoon full of name humor.  That's right, we had a pretty hilarious time thinking of names for our baby.  It didn't start out funny, but as the day went on, it just turned into a silly game.  Who could think of the craziest name!  I remember vividly doing this the last time my mom was in town as well.  She, SP and I sat around one evening laughing at all the names we could come up with!  Who knew something so important and possibly stressful could end up causing so many good laughs!

Monday morning, SP and I left for Arkansas.  When we arrived, we couldn't wait 5 minutes before giving my mom a special gift.  My brothers weren't even in town yet, but we just couldn't wait!  So Sean did a typical Sean Parks thing (funny man)...he snuck a gift on the fireplace and said to my mom, "What's this? How did that get there?"  My mom had no clue what he was talking about, it wasn't a present she had wrapped.  And I just rolled my eyes with a big smile and said, "It's for you, Mom." We told her we got her a thanks for hosting all of us gift.  Ha, yea right!  J/k :)  Inside the tiny gift bag was this...


A Cabela's onesie :)  Why camo attire you ask?  Well, you see...my mom from the moment we told her we were pregnant just knew my dad had a hand in this and picked out baby our special.  Well, I about fell off the table when I saw it was a boy!  I mean, of COURSE my dad would pick out a boy. OH no!  A mini Fred!  God help us!  I kid I kid.  My dad's favorite store was Cabela's.  So it just had to be the way we told my mom about this.  It was the absolute perfect gift and definitely Fred Traylor approved!  She was so excited and overjoyed!  We don't have a first name picked out yet, but because of all of this falling right into place with my old man, our son will hold his middle name, Loyd.

Let me just list why we are all so confident my dad's large hand is right in the middle of this baby:

1 - We found out 3 months after his passing we were pregnant.  This means, our baby will be born around June 10, 2014.  My dad passed June 18, 2013.  This is his way of giving us something beautiful to look forward to when he knows we will all be mourning him heavily during this time.

2 - IT's A BOY!!!

3 - His legs are long!  Everyone noticed it when we got our surprise 15 week sonogram.  We didn't really know any different because it was the first sono picture we had ever really studied.  

4 - The most recent discovery... HIS LEGS ARE LONG!  We just had our anatomy scan yesterday (19w1d) and my goodness!  He's already running out of room I think!  (ah! help!)  Apparently he is around 12 oz and weighing in a week ahead.  Oh lordy!  My dad was about 6'4.  Sean's dad is over 6'0, and SP is 6'0!  I have always wondered why God gave me such a large rib cage.  I think I now know why, eeek!!!

Check out this comparison...


DO YOU SEE THOSE LEGS!!!  O.M.G!!!  I am just waiting to feel those feet in my ribs!  They say any day now!  Just please baby, please be gentle :)

No comments: