Pages

8.04.2011

Wedding I

Here I am a month later (almost) doing a post about the most amazing day of my life.  My wedding day.  As a little girl, I always knew I would be married one day, but I didn't fantasize about my wedding and how I wanted.  I just knew I wanted to be married and have a family like I grew up.

My wedding day was more than I could have ever asked for.  It was absolutely perfect!  From the time SP and I started getting serious in our relationship is when I started the random wedding searches on blogs, random magazines, and of course the obvious internet searches of the "perfect ring."  From that point on, I knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding.  And it just so happened to suit SP's liking as well :)  Friends, family, and an unforgettable good time is all we wanted.

We got just that!

We were married here....

Of course I think it is beautiful, but it truly was.  It was a perfectly sunny (and hot) afternoon and the sun was brightly shining through this all glass chapel set back in the woods in NW Arkansas.    The ceremony was at 2pm in the afternoon.  During the time leading up to the wedding (like weeks before) I was concerned about the ceremony time.  It wasn't what I was used to.  Let me just say now, I wouldn't have it any other way!  The morning of July 3 (our wedding day!) I woke up very relaxed, but anxious.  I was dying to see SP and have him see me!!  I can not imagine having to wait ALL DAY to see each other.  By 1pm I was so ready!  I am very glad we didn't have to wait until 7ish.  And, also, it was so neat that we really had the rest of the day together :)


These are not the photographers pictures.  Still waiting on those, and I can't wait to see them :)  We also had a videographer but that will be a few more months until we get that.  The anticipation is building!!!

The ceremony was filled with so much laughter and so many tears.  I cried (happy tears of course) practically the whole time!!  I never expected to cry so much.  But I was just filled with so much joy and happiness, I couldn't help myself.

The bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and I followed with "Marry Me" (Train version performed by acoustic guitarist and violinist who played all music).



Bill was my minister growing up for a lot of years.  I was honored he agreed to marry SP and I.  During one of our conference calls with him before the wedding, he instructed SP and I to sit for 5 mins and write down the things we are promising each other in our marriage.  Then, we went over them together, circled the things we had in common and sent them on to Bill so he could write our vows.  He asked us if we wanted to hear them before the ceremony, but we liked the element of surprise in not knowing exactly what they were going to be.  Here is our reaction to them....


It was all perfect and Bill couldn't have written a ceremony that fit the two of us any better.  

After the ceremony, SP and I went w/ the photographer and videographer around the area to shoot some more pictures.  Here is a sneak peek of one wedding picture my amazing photography shared with me :)

This picture courtesy of Wisner Photo.  Cristina is a WONDERFUL photographer.  If you're in the market :)  

Ok, more to come on the wedding fun!!








No comments: