Pages

10.16.2013

Washington, DC!

At the beginning of October, Sean, my mom, and I flew to DC to visit with my brother and his family. My mom was fortunate enough to spend a full week there with Ian Felix!  Sean and I flew in on Thursday.

Sleepy eyes on the plane :)
We bought Yasha some firetruck PJs :)
We did a lot of hanging around the house, which was perfectly fine with all of us. With everything going on with the government shutdown and people catching themselves on fire at the monuments, I was perfectly content staying out of all that mess!  We cooked, and played with Yasha (a lot!), visited, went to an apple picking orchard, had a few yummy meals out, and shopped around Georgetown a bit. Georgetown is walking distance from their house!  Shawn and Anastasia took SP and I to Mike Isabella's restaurant.  This was really cool b/c Sean and I are huge fans of Top Chef, but had never been to any of their restaurants!  Before the end of the trip, we ended up getting to eat at two different Mike Isabella restaurants!  One greek, and one tacos!

Cooking in the kitchen!
Sean, me, Viktor, and Yasha getting ready to pick some apples!
Mom picking apples :)
The buddy with Babushka and Grammy! 
Sean and my mom picking raspberries
It was near the end of the season, so it was hard to find them that didn't just fall apart in your hands!
The buddy had a great time swinging between Deada and SP!
I just love this picture :)  He loves his Uncle Sean!
Playing in his truck and Grammy and Grampa gave him last Christmas!
He loves being silly!
These two are HILARIOUS together!  Papa is just like a big kid, so they have lots of fun!
Grammy and Yasha playing on her computer.  He had so much fun typing different letters, including his name!

On Saturday we all watched LSU beat Mississippi State!  It was fun to all be together for the game, even though we missed having Adam and Christy there as the rest of our team!  Shawn and Sean took care of the cooking (well the outdoor cooking anyway).  We had thai style bbq chicken, rice, and coleslaw!  


Watching games on the east coast makes for a late night!  But we held in there and won!  WooHoo!

My mom went home on Sunday.  SP and I didn't leave until Monday.  On Sunday afternoon, Shawn and Anastasia took SP and I to Georgetown for lunch.  Afterwards, we did a little shopping before it was time to get the buddy back home for his nap. We were almost to the car and Sean spots a tiny place that sells Lobster Rolls. Anastasia told him that they are awesome!  We weren't 5 more steps past Luke's Lobster Roll before SP backtracked.  He just HAD to have one (please know that we literally finished lunch 30 mins before this!)  So he goes in and we tell him to meet us at the car!  When we get to the car Yasha announced that he needed to "kaka" (use your imagination, and think potty).  That sent Shawn into instant panic, "ok we gotta go, like we gotta go now, where's Sean!?"....I call him, and he's still waiting on his sandwich that he HAD to have!  I tell him we have to go now and he will just have to walk home or take a cab.  Fine.  Done.  Next thing I know, about 2 mins into holding on tight while brother Shawn drives frantically through the busy streets I get a text from SP that I should jump out and come meet him.  So in a rolling stop, I jump out and walk to meet back up with Sean!  And let me say, I am sooooo glad I did.  That lobster roll, well, it was pretty much one of the best, most fresh things I've ever tasted!

Georgetown

Relaxing on a stoup
AMAZING!  

After a nice snack and some people watching, we trekked it back to their house.  It was such a hot day, and the walk is pure sun, so we were pretty tired after this adventure, but it was well worth it!  Oh, and the buddy made it to the toilet! Success!

Sunday night Anastasia's parents had us over for dinner.  They live within walking distance.  Yasha had fun playing and we had a delicious meal complete with turkey, eggplant, kale, and crepes with black currents for dessert!

Monday morning SP and I got to have breakfast with the buddy before heading home. He was having a good time!  
 
We had such a great visit and can't wait to visit again!  This kid is seriously entertaining!

Last but not least.  My favorite moment of the entire trip...Shawn's afternoon DJ session.


No comments: