but, it also had my new issue of Cooking Light magazine :) yes!!
on the front cover was this divine holiday treat that i must share with you!
HOT CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKES
i have not made this yet (obviously) but i can not wait to try it!
These hot-from-the-oven desserts are ideal for a holiday celebration and can mostly be made up to two days ahead.
10 servings (serving size: 1 cake)
- 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2.6-ounce) bar dark (71% cocoa) chocolate (such as Valrhona Le Noir Amer), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate. Divide batter evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins; arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 21 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.
- 260 (28% from fat)
- 8.2g (sat 4.5g,mono 2.3g,poly 0.2g)