Pages

4.20.2011

freaking.out.

In the beginning of this wedding process, everything was going so well!  I mean, I ordered my dress online, got it in, and it was perfect (well, nothing a few alterations couldn't handle)!  I have been able to make decisions fairly easily, and everything has just been falling into place.  I wasn't quite sure what all the fuss was over about being stressed out.

UNTIL NOW!

It seems like nothing is going my way lately.
Here we go...

1.  We had to cancel our engagements pictures last weekend b/c of the weather (very windy).  Well, that's what we thought at 7:30am when us and the photographer made the call.  Annnnd, of course it was the WRONG CALL b/c the weather turned out to be G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!  It was too late by that time to take them.  FRUSTRATION.

2.  My bridals are scheduled for this Friday!  My mom is driving down from AR Fri morning.  My dad is picking up my portrait bouquet from my wedding florist in AR tomorrow so that my mom can bring it with her.  My hair consult is today at 1:15, then my real appointment is Friday at 2:45.  My portraits are outside in the woods at 5:30 on Friday.  All scheduled out so lovely :)  Except mother nature might decide to let the sky fall out starting today and through the weekend.  I don't know the last time you tried, but it's PRETTY DIFFICULT to predict the WEATHER!!!  What do I do?  I'm trying to ride it out as long as possible and see what this crazy southern weather will do.

3.  Me engagement ring is a Tacori design (yes, that means knock off!  we had it made :) ).  I have been searching the metroplex for this oooooone particular wedding band that goes w/ this ring (according to their website).  I finally found a lovely jeweler in Dallas who has contacted Tacori and is ordering one in for me to try on so I can see how it looks before purchasing!  So I've been waiting for a little over 2 weeks now for the ring to come in from, and about an hour ago, I got a phone call from the jeweler that Tacori sent the WRONG RING!!!  So, now what?  I sit and wait.  Again.  And hope they have the correct ring to send in for me to try.  Because if they don't, I don't know what I'll do!

4.  It took me a few months to find a salon that would do hair on a Sunday and on a holiday weekend!  (wedding is Sunday, July 3).  I finally found one!  I knew they were going to charge extra for having to open on a day they are not typically open.  I was fine with that and very much appreciate them doing it.  What I didn't know is that it is going to cost double for everyone to get their hair done.  I am sick to my stomach.  What a mess!

5.  I went with my friend Tiffany last Friday to get manis and pedis for all of these "so-called" pictures!  I wanted to try the new shellac polish, thinking it would still last for my bridals a week later!  It was the WORST nail salon experience of my life!  They got all messed up in the drying process (something w/ the way the polish dried).  So they had to completely re-do them.  I am not sure if any of you have tried the new gel polish, but go w/ the OPI brand, NOT shellac!!!  It is a much longer process than just getting a regular mani w/ regular polish.  We got there are 2 and I didn't leave until FIVE PM!!!!  When they redid my nails, the decided to give me another manicure, which means cutting of the cuticles, etc.  Only, they had already been cut, so there was nothing left to cut off!  So, they CUT ME!  Anyway, my nails turned out ok and my toes look great!  Annnnnd....all of that, and no engagements and possibly no bridals.  I am not one who gets manis and pedis often.  It is normally for a special occasion.

BREATHE!  I keep telling myself to just breathe.  I realize in the grand scheme of things, these are all very minor hick-ups.  But, it sure doesn't feel that way to this bride!

OH, and oooone more thing....after our what supposed to be engagement shoot, I was scheduled to go take my dress back to the alterations lady b/c I decided it was too long and I was having trouble walking in it.  She called me around noon that day letting me know we were going to have to reschedule b/c they had been out of power due to the high winds for a day or so.  Thankfully, this all got taken care of on Monday, when I was able to take my dress in.  And I picked it up yesterday! It is perfect :)  Ok, that is all...just thought it was better to end on a positive note :)

No comments: