Pages

7.10.2013

Since I've Been Home!

I have been gone, as in away from my humble abode, practically all of June. And a whole lot before that too!  This past week and a half I have enjoyed being home :)

Here's what's been going on...

1.  I was able to hit the pool with my neighbor, Shemele for the first time all summer!  Since she is a kindergarten teacher, she has summers off.  I always enjoy getting to squeeze in some pool time with her at her parent's sparkling saltwater pool!



2.  I have received so many sweet flower arrangements and cards from people that have followed my father's journey with pancreatic cancer.




3.  I hung one of my dad's many clocks in our office.


4.  My cousins were in Gulf Shores all week.  SP and I took advantage of their pool!



5.  After pool time at Jennifer & Greg's, we went to Anamia's for margaritas and table side guac!  It's the best ever!  Seriously.  I actually want it now.


6.  We picked some delicious tomatoes from our garden.  They were so good and flavorful!  I'm now spoiled and don't like them from the grocery.




7.  We went to our friends house in Little Elm, Ryan and Melanie, for dinner and washers!  They made grilled salmon, stuffed mushrooms, and green beans.  It was really tasty, and washers was a blast!





8.  I went back to my cousins pool with Jenn and Elise!  And then, can you guess where we went?  That's right!  Anamia's for margaritas and table side guac!



9.  I made a few guilty purchases ://



10.  I had a lunch date with Kristen who I hadn't seen in mooooonths!  It was good to catch up, but why we chose to sit on the patio at Taco Diner on a summer day is beyond me.  We were both so sweaty by the end of it.  YUCK!


11.  I have become completely obsessed with these drinks from Starbucks. Seriously, I could drink one right now.  They are soooo good and refreshing (especially at the pool :) )  It is an Iced Green Tea Peach Lemonade.  YUM!  


12.  For the 4th, we went to Shemele's parents pool again!  Autumn and John, and Casey and Ray joined us with their girls.  We swam and grilled.  Didn't see any fireworks, but I think me trying to get on the whale in the pool might have been show enough!  It was very difficult!!!




Last 2 "standing".  Not surprised!

13.  I think I just realized I'm cramming 2 weeks into one blog post.  I can't keep my days straight, o'well!

14.  This past Saturday, Sean and I got to relax on the couch alllllll day.  I can not tell you how long it has been since that has been able to happen.  He only had to show one house in the morning, so the rest of the day we caught up on our DVR and watched Life of Pi (which btw, GREAT movie!)



15.  Drank a bottle of one of my favorite bottles of wine (I had help, don't worry!)

That squash...we grew it and ate it this week, too :)

16.  My old college roommate for all 4 years had her first baby late last night! Sadie James Gemelli.  8lbs 3oz 21"long.  She looks just like Emily!  So happy for she and James!


17.  Found this picture of my dad and I.  It is one of my favorites.  I think I like that we match, and I'm pretty sure we were at the beach, which I love ;)


18.  I apparently talk to SP and my mom a whole lot (no surprise there!)


19.  I have been wearing this old ring of my dad's.  I love it so much.  I feel like he is constantly with me now, and this ring just helps prove that!  


20.  We went back to my cousins pool to hear all about their beach vacation!  We played volleyball and grilled burgers.  We always have the best time together!  I love that they live so close and we can all hang out.  



And last but not least....

21.  We celebrated our 2 year anniversary!  I'll save those pictures for another post :)

No comments: