Pages

7.23.2014

Fourth of July & Sid is One Month!

I can't believe I'm already writing a post about Sid being one month already! This post is actually a little late and he is actually 6 weeks right now. I had the conversation this morning with Sean about how in the world will I ever let him go off to college if I'm already struggling with him not being my baby anymore! REALLY? GET A GRIP, CATHERINE! He is still such a baby! Gosh, I'm insane!

Anyway :)...

Sid is one month! He is so awesome. Each day brings something new. Sean and I have loved seeing what each day will bring. Some days he is full of fuss, other days he's the most content baby ever!

Fourth of July was his one month birthday!


Grammy was back in town and we were so thankful!


Sid hit a bit of a fussy period during his 4th and 5th weeks. I was having a hard time with it because I didn't understand how he could be so fussy, so often. Apparently babies have gas! Who knew ;) I understood this, but what I didn't understand was that just because he had gas yesterday didn't mean he wouldn't have gas again today! Gripe water became his my best friend!

On the 4th, we took Sid to Flower Mound to my cousin's house. My mom made him his first ugly cake :) No, really!


It might be ugly, but it was very yummy!

I was already exhausted before leaving due to all the stuff we had to take with us. Sheesh! He slept on the ride up there, and for a little while after in his carseat. But once he woke up, he was mister fussy pants! I basically spent my entire time in the bedroom trying to nurse or calm him down. My mom and cousin Jennifer tried to help, but poor baby. He was not happy. This didn't make for a very enjoyable time for me. I think I will think twice before taking him somewhere else until he gets a little older. It was just too stressful for me. We stayed for a few hours then headed back home before his next feeding.

On Saturday, Sean decided he wanted to tackle fried chicken! It was a lot of work, but turned out great!


The Parks' joined us for a late lunch. We made mashed potatoes, lentil salad, and brussel sprout slaw to go with the chicken. Sheryl brought peach pie for dessert!


We never seem to go hungry :)
We had a great weekend together, and were so glad Grammy was able to join us over the holiday!

Sid's First Month:

He is maturing each day. In the beginning I tried putting him on a schedule, but I quickly, after lots of frustration on my end, realized I needed to relax. If he got off, it wasn't the end of the world. He has been an awesome sleeper, practically from day one! Around 4 weeks, he sort of started turning into a cat napper during the day. His doctor says this is perfectly normal and ok, and not to force anything. Many nights, he has already started to sleep for 5-6 hour stretches. He doesn't do this every night, but even when he doesn't, 4 hours is not bad! We normally put him down between 9 and 9:30. Bath time is hard because the schedule I've been attempting to follow wants you to bathe him right after a long nap. Well, Sid doesn't want to be bathed after a long nap. He wants to EAT (can you blame him, ha!). So that's been a challenge. Figuring out how to go against the grain and bathe him when he's in a good mood! He still rolls from his stomach to his back occasionally. We always get so excited when this happens! And I was finally able to catch it on video!



We are just enjoying being a family of three and spending lots of time together at home. Sean has started working a little more and trying to get back into his normal routine. It's hard when there is such a cute baby around to play with :)

Here are a few of my favorite pictures!


He is really starting to love baby wearing :)
Seriously??
Look how long he is!
He came to Central Market with us and slept like a champ!
He loves holding his paci.
Daddy making his getaway so Sid doesn't see him and wake up!
Happy one month, sweet boy!!

No comments: