Pages

11.13.2012

Actual Birthday

11.12 (i.e. yesterday) was my real birthday.  We celebrated so much over the weekend, I was pretty wiped and didn't want to do much on Monday.  With the party on Saturday, football watching on Sunday, I was one tired birthday girl!

It was a fabulous day, sleepy eyed and all :)  I woke up and headed straight to yoga which is exactly what I needed.  When I got home, my boss gave me the day off :)  I love that guy so much.  So, I cleaned a little and laid around a lot.  It was bliss!

Anything I wanted all day, SP got it for me.  A cup of hot tea, lunch, etc.  He prepared it for me.  Definitely took the wine and dine seriously, and that was OK by me!

SP and I have a problem with gifts.  Except for Christmas, we ALWAYS open things early!  It's very weird b/c normally I can wait and want to wait until the actual day, but something about his gifting anxieties abilities, just keep me from being able to wait!  He has the WORST gift anxiety out of anyone I've ever known.  Rather than make HIM suffer thinking he didn't get me something I am going to like, I always cave and decide to put him out of his misery early and open my gift!  So, Sunday afternoon he was stirring.  I could tell he was nervous.  So with that, he brought out my gift.  
Side note: When he proposed, the ring was placed in a silver Nordstroms shoe box to throw me off.  My birthday gift on Sunday was in a much larger Nordstroms silver box.  He made sure before I pulled the tissue back this time to let me know that it was NOT another diamond ring, ha!
Anyway!  He bought me this beauty!!!


And with a gift from SP, there is always more to tell.  He actually picked this one out, but then changed his mind at the last minute, to a black nylon bag.  I loved it...I did.  BUT, the bag I have carried for the last 4 years has been black nylon (the Longchamp Le Pliage).  So I just wanted something different.  So  we went back and got this choice instead.  I am so in love with it.  And to quote one of my bestest friends, Erin, "That looks yummy!".  And it is just that...yummy!!

At 7 o'clock we had dinner reservations at Truluck's in Southlake.  It was soooo delicious!

SP's cioppino

Pan-Seared SeaBass with Parmesan and Garlic Mashed Potatoes...YUM!


After dinner, we headed to my in-laws house for delicious turtle cheesecake SP surprised me with!  Yes, I realize there is a delicious dessert in the picture, but I only ate one bite.  So I was still able to indulge in the cheesecake SP bought for me :)

It was a perfect birthday!  I was ready to crawl in bed by 9:45 last night.  I thought I was watching TV, but when I woke up this morning, SP was quick to show me that my TV watching in bed didn't get very far...


Happy Birthday to me :)  

No comments: