Pages

3.22.2013

Novena Prayer to St Peregrine

I know that there are people out there who read my blog.  I only know a few of you, but regardless...I see that someone out there is reading it.  Which means...you all know my dad's situation.  He is currently fighting Pancreatic Cancer.

My aunt is a devout Catholic.  She shared with my family a novena prayer which is prayed to St Peregrine.  St Peregrine is the patron saint for those suffering from cancer.  It is a 9 day prayer.  We prayed the 9 days leading up to his last appointment where we were to find out if my dad could have surgery.  At that point, we got good news.  Unfortunately things took a little turn and we have had some set backs.  It is time to pray again this same prayer.

I am sharing this with you in hopes that you are willing to pray this novena with us.   You need to be completely present and thoughtful when saying it.  In other words, don't just read it without thinking about what the words say.  If you start on March 24th (this Sunday), you will complete the novena by the day of his surgery, April 1.  I usually do this at night before bed, when I have no distractions and can be fully present in prayer.  You can print it out and keep it by your bed.

The prayer is for Fred Traylor.  We are praying that his surgery will be successful and that his mind is at ease.  We are praying for his tumor to be removed with no complications.  We pray for the day of April 1.  Anything else you would like to add, but those things specifically.

Novena Prayer

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous diseasethat destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourseto the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more.You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction.Ask of God through Our Lady,the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.    (Pause here and silently recall your intentions, and the names of the sick for whom you are praying.)Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

On March 27th, my dad will meet with his surgeon.  Please also pray separately from this novena, that we will hear good news and that he will be having surgery on April 1.  We are feeling good and positive that we will hear great news on this day!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, thank you for praying with us.  I am not Catholic, but I believe in this prayer.  Also, please feel free to share this with your loved ones.  We will take all the prayer we can get.

No comments: