Pages

5.26.2013

Colorado Day 3 - 5/11/2013

Day 3 was spent being tired.  Like could've slept for the entire day type of tired. We left the hotel and headed back to the Denver area to Shelby's house.  We all got showered and decided we were hungry and it was time to go get some grub!  Sean found a place on the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives website that we wanted to try, Steuben's.  This place was straight out of Mad Men...total 70's vibe.  And also, delicious!

Gravy fries with cheese and much needed Bloody Marys
Yuuuuummy deviled eggs
Mimosas and blublockers
Our food.  The biggest chicken and waffles I've ever had!

After this big meal, can you guess what we did?  NAP TIME!  Sean on the couch, me in our bed, Shelby and Boss in hers.  I got a good hour in before a big crash of thunder hit and woke me up.  That's when Shelby had this idea...


It took a looooooot for me to be willing to get dressed and ready to go out.  But, shocker...I did it :)  We went to a neighborhood dive bar and had a great time.  We got there at 9 and I was ready to go by 10.  Sp and Shelby had a different idea....needless to say, I didn't get home until 2.  UGH!  The night went something like this...

The bartender ordered us shots.
Karaoke Night ... Dancing Queen
My second and final shot.  This was their 2nd, with 4 more on the way!
Shelby was trying to be serious, ha!
Who knew bars kept bar burritos!

It ended up being a fun night, but I seriously thought I was going to be home and in bed by 12.  Sheesh!  One more full day in this state then homebound!

I can't believe I almost forgot the funniest part of the evening...SP broke out in a bright....red....rash!  We kept thinking he was hot, the bartender even turned the fan on for him.  He insisted he was fine, but I swear to you, I thought I was going to have to take him to the ER!!  Ah!

And last but not least...


No comments: