Pages

9.03.2012

Week 3 : Run 1

Saturday morning was my longest run ever!  Don't laugh when you hear about it b/c it's really not long at all!

It went something like this:

5 min warm up walk
90 sec run
90 sec walk
3 min run
3 min walk
90 sec run
90 sec walk
3 min run
3 min walk
5 min cool down walk

I knew I was in trouble when I realized I was going to have to run for 3 minutes, not once, but TWICE!  How in the world was I ever going to run that long!  I just kept reminding myself I didn't have a choice and that I had to do it.  After the first 3 min run was over I couldn't believe how easy it was.  Dare I say that?  Ok so maybe not EASY.  Maybe not like, let me do this more than 2 times.  But maybe like, wow, I can do this one more time for sure!  And just like that, my 2nd set of 90 second intervals were over and I was back doing my last 3 min run.  Pretty sure I can do it 2 more times no problem.  But I am scared of what week 4 will bring!

I was supposed to do run 2 today, but when my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, I very quickly decided to turn it off without even considering hitting the snooze.  Then I was going to run after dinner, but that didn't happen either.  We drove to Houston today w/ my parent's and we are all exhausted.

So, in the morning, we are going to get up and hit the track that goes around Rice campus.  My uncle says it's lovely and totally shaded.  It might be nice to change up the scenery a bit.

With that, it's time to say goodnight :)  Sweet dreams!!


No comments: