Pages

8.23.2012

PurpleStride Austin 2012


It wasn't until this past May when my dad was diagnosed, that I began to learn about Pancreatic Cancer. It is truly a scary disease, and definitely not the one you'd want to pick off a shelf.  But, regardless, my dad is fighting with vengeance.  No way is cancer bringing this TEAM down without a serious fight!

I have joined the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.  What an awesome group of people I have come in contact with so far.


I am training for the PurpleStride Austin 5k. Only problem is I don't have 8 weeks like my C25K program needs. I have about half of that! Yikes! So I will train the best I can and run the best I can. The rest I will walk. Walk with honor, while supporting my dad - a current pancreatic cancer FIGHTER! The race is September 15 down in Austin.  So far I have put a great little team together to support TEAM TRAYLOR! Really looking forward to being a part of such a great cause.

If you can donate anything towards this great cause it would be appreciated!  You can find our team page here!  THANK YOU!

No comments: